Christmas time is drawing near! It’s time to starting pulling out the decorations and buying gifts! Dogs love to be included in the action and here at Doggie Vogue we strive to be your one stop shop for your fur baby! Here we’ve compiled a list of our top ten favorite Christmas accessories, all under the low price of $20 and sure to make your canine companion feel the Christmas spirit!
1. Santa Scrunchy Set for Dogs ($15.99) – This adorable set is crafted from elegant red velvet and adorned with white pom pom “snow balls”. This 5 piece set includes a scrunchy for each leg and one to go around your pup’s neck.
2. Yuletide Tartan Pet Stocking ($12.99) – Featuring a classic tartan plaid and soft berber trim, these stockings are a great way to include both cats and dogs in the gift giving fun!
3. Winter Lights Tug Dog Toy ($12.99) - The perfect toy for games of tug! This festive toy features intricate appliqué letters on each cube. Comes in 2 sizes so all dogs can play along.
4. Peppermint Dog Barrettes – Set of 2 ($2.99) – These cheerful bows are a great finishing touch to a cute Christmas outfit. Classic stripes on one bow and polka dots on the other with spring clip backing for secure attachment.
5. Holiday Dog Cookie Platter ($13.99) – Give dog’s on Santa’s ‘nice’ list a yummy treat this holiday season! These gourmet cookies come in 4 flavors. Each 1 lb tub of cookies is made from the highest quality ingredients, in America.
6. Holiday Dog Cologne ($6.99) – Usher in the holiday spirit with one of our deliciously scented Holiday Dog Colognes. Comes in 3 yummy, seasonal scents.
7. Sequin Santa Dog Hat ($6.99-$8.99) – Your pooch will sparkle and shine in this adorable Santa hat! Glittering sequins matched with soft comfy plush trim are sure to be a big hit. Has an adjustable chin strap for a perfect fit!
8. Holiday Candy Cane Dog Treats ($5.99) – These tasty treats are sure to be on every pup’s Christmas list! Candy cane shape offers a great twist on an old favorite!
9. Gingham Gingerbread Dog Toys ($6.99) – These cute toys are one sweet couple! Gingham dressed girl and boy toys are screen printed and embroidered to look like real cookies!
10. Holiday Heart Dog Scrunchy ($5.99-$8.99) – Our Holiday Heart Scrunchies are perfect for pictures or just spreading Christmas cheer! Features elastic stretch for a comfy fit with sheer ribbon topped with sparkling hearts for added pizzazz.
Thanksgiving is fast approaching and with all the bustling around, our pooches can feel left out of the activities. Show your precious pup some gratitude for their unconditional love with one of our Thanksgiving themed outfits or toys!
- Our Save the Turkey Dog Dress by Ruff Ruff Couture features a cute gingham skirt and an adorable hand crafted turkey appliqué on the top. Perfect for pictures and comfy enough to just wear around the house! Matching tank for boys sold separately!
- Hilarious and adorable, our Goofy Gobbler Dog Toys are fun tug and fetch toys made of super soft corduroy. This colorful toy measures 12 inches long and is sure to please your pooch!
- Offer up a serving of fun with the Lil’ Gobbler Dog Costume. This creative costume features colorful fabric, texturized for a realistic turkey look. An awesome addition to any family feast!
- The delightfully goofy Giggling Veggies Dog Toys are sure to keep your furry friend entertained! These silly toys make an interesting giggling sound when shaken or squeezed!
- Our Pilgrim Boy Dog Costume is an adorable way to let your fur baby in on the Thanksgiving fun! This detailed costume even comes with a matching pilgrim hat, complete with buckle accent! Matching Pilgrim girl costume sold separately!
The holidays are fast approaching and money may be tight, but don’t let that keep your furry friend from enjoying a gift or two. Our products are priced to satisfy wallets everywhere. With such great deals your deserving dog may even get more than they asked for!
1. Paw Dog Socks – $11.99
These adorable socks keep your dog’s paws warm in cold weather! Have skid-free pads to help prevent sliding on slippery surfaces, and can be used for paws that are in-between shoe or boot sizes to provide a better fit. Can also be used to provide warmth for arthritic dogs or as a protection to sensitive leg or paw areas after surgery.
2. Feisty Fetchers Dog Toy – $12.99
Our Feisty Fetchers Dog Toys are fun from head to tail! Each toy features a mischievous grin, with a double rubber ball center and a pine needle plush tail that is great for grab and toss.
3. Polka Dot Dog Collars – $7.99-$12.99
Give pets a fashion-forward look in three eye-catching, bright colors with a classic polka dot pattern.
4. Cutie Paw Dog Dishes – $7.99-$12.99
Pet Studio Cutie Paw Dishes are ceramic food and water dishes for dogs. Dog dishes have a “chomp it, slurp it, love it” logo.
5. Basic Dog Tanks – $5.59-$11.99
Basic Tanks are a staple in any dogs wardrobe. Cool, comfy design and popular colors offer the perfect look year-round. Try one out for your cool doggie today!
During the holidays many people are planning trips to visit relatives, or simply just to get away. Many dog owners are left to decide whether or not Fido will be joining in the travels. Bringing your pooch along can be great fun if you prepare correctly. However, if you decide to make the trips sans Fido then look into a reliable pet sitter or a trusted kennel where you can board your dog. If you choose to include your canine on the travel then begin planning ahead of time to avoid chaos. Start your preparations with a dog collar bearing all current identification on your dog. Microchipping your dog is a great added security in case your pooch wanders off. Before embarking on your travels, be sure your canine is knowledgeable with basic training to ensure good behavior on the trip. Planning transportation, daily activities, and somewhere to stay will help make your trip more enjoyable. If you are flying, keep in mind that most airlines will treat your pooch as cargo and board them as such. Some airlines allow smaller dogs to join their owners on board as long as they are stowed away in a pet carrier and left under the seat in front of you. Although, the automobile is the best way to travel with your dog. If riding in the car to your destination remember to allow rest stops for you and your pooch to stretch, drink water, and use the bathroom. Bring along a dog leash, dog crate, water, dog bowls, dog treats, some of your pooch’s favorite dog toys, a dog blanket, waste bags, and any medications if needed. The holidays can get hectic, but make sure to take some time to plan your trip with Rover accordingly.
It’s that time of year again: Thanksgiving. Families will be gathering together to enjoy a filling feast over good conversation, but when Rover gives the puppy dog eyes in exchange for some table scraps, refrain from giving in. While your Thanksgiving meal may appeal to your hungry hound it is important to know that some of the foods may not be suitable for your pooch. Avoid sharing these table scraps with your begging buddy:
- Turkey Skin – It’s a fact that turkey skin and gravy are high in fat and can be harmful to your dog. Turkey skin is difficult for pups to digest and can even lead to pancreatitis, which includes symptoms like vomiting, abdominal pain, depression, and an unwillingness to move. If you do decide to share some of that tasty turkey, be sure to remove the skin and only give your pooch a small portion of white meat.
- Turkey Bones – Dogs love bones, yes. Although, tossing your canine a turkey bone can be hazardous. Poultry bones that have been cooked are frail and can splinter easily. Your dog may easily swallow the turkey bone and get it stuck in the esophagus or create stomach or intestinal pain. If you are going to give a dog a bone, stick with a delicious dog bone that was made specifically for your pooch.
- Macademia Nuts – These tasty treats are scattered about different Thanksgiving dishes and desserts and can cause toxic results if ingested by your dog. Just twelve hours after consuming macademia nuts symptoms will begin to settle, including vomiting, weakness, depression, muscle tremors, ataxia, and hyperthermia (to name a few). While symptoms tend to lessen within 48 hours, the aftershock could be detrimental on your pooch and in extreme cases could be fatal.
- Onions – We love to season our dishes with onions, but high levels of onion intake by your dog can call for life-threatening anemia. Since many stuffings and casseroles contain onions it is probably best to skip sharing with Fido.
- Nutmeg – Around the holiday season nutmeg is a very prominent spice usually found in sweet potatoes, yams, pumpkin pies, and various dessert dishes. While we may love these treats, if consumed by your pooch it can cause mild hallucinogenic properties, as well as seizures, tremors, and central nervous system complications in dogs. There have even been severe cases of shock and death reported, so pass your pup a dog treat when you are enjoying dishes containing nutmeg.
On a budget this holiday season? You’re in luck – here at Doggie Vogue we think a dollar should go a long way. Invest in one of our many dog stockings to hang above the fireplace this Christmas and then browse our financially friendly dog goodies. We carry countless canine products to stuff Spot’s stocking with. Surf our suggestions and find the perfect presents for your pooch.
1. Holiday Tartan Stockings – $9.99
Let pets join in the holiday celebration with our Zanies Holiday Tartan Stockings. These cute dog stockings feature a classic tartan pattern and embroidered pawprint or bone accents.
2. Naughty & Nice Tugs – $5.99
Zanies Naughty & Nice dog toys are combination rope and tennis ball toys in festive red and green designs. Each tennis ball has “nice” and “naughty” printed on it.
3. Holiday Tartan Dog Collar – $7.99-$10.99
Add a festive touch to walk time with our East Side Collection Holiday Tartan Dog Collars. An ideal choice for the chic dog! Our classic Tartan pattern adds a festive touch, but can easily be worn throughout the season.
4. Blingle All the Way Dog Sweater – $11.99-$16.99
Blingle All the Way Dog Sweaters features a sequin-embellished Christmas Tree topped with a blinking LED star. Watch your dog light up the room!!
5. Holiday Dog Cookies Box – $9.99
Barkworth Gourmet Holiday Cookies are made from all-natural ingredients. The perfect healthy treat for pets during the most festive time of year. Mix pack of six treats (snowman, candy cane, present, holiday tree, and gingerbread man designs.
6. Sweet Santa Dog Barrette – $13.50
Your little holiday dog is sure to start barking “ho ho ho” wearing the Sweet Santa Barrette. This cute hair ornament features red and white saddle stitch ribbon, red polka dot ribbon and a super cute Santa Clause.
7. Holiday Grunters Dog Toys – $9.99
Holiday Grunters are jumbo size thick plush toys that make a fun grunting sound. Jumbo 11 ¼” size is ideal for medium- and large-sized breeds.
8. Season’s Greetings Collars and Leads Set – $9.99-$11.99
Season’s Greetings Collars and Leads have nickel-plated swivel clips to attach the lead securely to a contoured, adjustable buckle on the matching collar.
9. Flexi Star Sticks – $2.99
Dogs will love the delicious taste of our Be Good Treat Company Holiday Flexi Star Sticks. These rawhide-alternative treats are made with rice flour, tapioca starch and corn flour. 6 Star Sticks per pack (5″ in length each).
10. Rawhide Holiday Gift Boxes – $7.19
Rawhide Holiday Gift Boxes are tasty rawhide treats that are boxed to make great gifts for dogs. Choose from twists, bones, candy canes, and flat candy canes.
November is a month of giving thanks and enjoying hardy meals with loved ones. Instead of feeding your pooch a routine dish of dog food whip up something special this season for your caring canine. While everybody enjoys a filling Thanksgiving dinner, why not treat your pup to their own tasty meal? Making a homemade Thanksgiving dog dinner for Fido is a great idea because it’s more nutritional than commercial dog food. It can also be a great bonding experience for you and your deserving dog. Your happy hound will feel included in the family festivities with such an extraordinary dish before them. A delectable homemade Thanksgiving meal for your pooch can never be duplicated, so your canine will have much to be thankful for! This simple, creative Thanksgiving concoction is made from scratch, and can be made again later with leftovers.
Nutritional Information Per 1-cup serving:
Protein 44 g
Carbohydrates 16 g
Dietary fiber 1.9 g
Fat 7.7 g (with gravy; less without)
For small dogs, 3/4 cup; medium dogs, 1 1/2 cups; larger or more active dogs, 3 cups
Recipe Preparation Time:
9 1-cup servings
3 lb/1.3 kg skinless turkey pieces
1 cup of cooked oatmeal
1 lb/450 g sweet potatoes, cubed
2 tbsp cranberry sauce
4 tbsp turkey gravy (optional)
Add 400 mg calcium per 1-cup serving (600 mg if using bone meal)
Use turkey leftovers or roast the turkey:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a roasting pan.
2. For boneless breast or thigh, cook 30-45 minutes; boned breast or thigh, 45-60 minutes; whole turkey, 1 1/2-2 hours or until the meat juices run clear when pierced with a skewer. Let cool.
3. Remove all the bones and dice the meat into large pieces
4. If using fresh sweet potatoes, roast with the turkey for about 25-30 minutes or until tender. Let cool, then peel and dice.
5. Meanwhile, cook the oatmeal according to package instructions.
6. Mix together the turkey, meat, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, and cranberry sauce. If using gravy or oil, add it now and mix thoroughly. (If your dog is at all prone to pancreatitis or other fat-related upsets, omit the gravy.)
Serve your pooch their Thanksgiving dinner when everybody is gathered around the table with their own delicious dishes, and enjoy!
The holiday season is a time of family, friends, and gifts. More and more owners are including their furry friends in the festive fun by hanging a stocking alongside theirs for Santa to fill. Just like children, dogs are excited to receive a new toy to play with. With such a wide variety of holiday dog toys to pick from it shouldn’t be too hard satisfying your deserving dog this Christmas season. There are adorable plush Christmas character dog toys that your pup will be sure to love. If your dog prefers a Frisbee or doggie tug toy we also carry holiday versions of both that will leave hours of entertainment for you and your pooch. Deciding which holiday dog toys to place in your pup’s Christmas stocking will be easy this season. If you are indecisive we even offer a pre-made rawhide holiday dog stocking packed with goodies that will last your happy hound well into the new year. Such a giving season is only once a year, so make it count!
Greeting cards in the stores are becoming expensive and generic, so save some money while adding a personal touch by making your own! Dog greeting cards are becoming heavily popular among proud owners – especially during the holiday season. Not only will people appreciate the special holiday cards they receive, but it’s also a fun craft to do. This home project is fairly simple and doesn’t require invested time. To begin, have some white card stock on hand – this will be folded in half to make the greeting card base. Pick out a favorite picture of your furry friend decked out in their best holiday dog clothing and print it out using a color printer. Use scissors to crop the picture accordingly, you may even use zig-zag edged scissors to give the photo a fun twist. Pick out your choice of colored or patterned paper to then glue the cut picture onto – the paper will act as the border for your photo. Cut the paper down to your preferred size of border. Once your dog’s picture has a border you may then securely glue that to the front of your folded card stock to serve as the front of your greeting card. Add decoration to the card with your choice of colored markers, stickers, glitter, and/or ribbon. On the inside of your card write what you wish using the colored markers, or even print your greeting from the computer and glue to the inside. It’s an enjoyable craft that everybody will love!
With Christmas just around the corner, time is running out for you to get your gifts! Are you unsure of what to get your pooch this year? Whether your pets have been naughty or nice, there are millions of gift options out there to choose from, making shopping a nearly impossible task. Here at Doggie Vogue, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 gifts under $10, to help make your holiday shopping a breeze!
Help your dog get into the Christmas spirit with these fun dog toys that look like real Christmas cookies! This adorable toy comes in 4 fun holiday styles, each with crinkle material inside to drive your dog wild!
2. Enamel Bone Dog Charm
These cute charms make great stocking stuffers! Each of these crystal studded pendant style charms has a sturdy metal clasp for durability and is lead free. Best of all- it comes in 8 different colors, so you’re sure to find one to please your pup!
3. Rawhide Holiday Stockings
These treat filled stockings make doggie gift giving a breeze! Each stocking is filled with assorted treats in holiday shapes and colors. These stockings come in two sizes, making them the perfect gift for good dogs of all sizes!
Price: $6.49 – $7.49
The perfect gift for dogs on the go! This compact and portable water bottle keeps dogs supplied with fresh water on walks or trips to the dog park. The patented rubber flow-control valve in the cap prevents leaks, spills, and contamination. Has an easy-to-use, handheld design that includes a water bottle and dispenser tray. Comes in three different sizes.
Price: $6.99 – $8.99
5. Holiday Cookie Treats
‘Tis the season for special treats! These all natural dog treats are sure to get your pooch into the holiday spirit! This 13 ounce tub of hand baked dog treats features layers of assorted holiday-themed bone treats with two snowball cookies with sprinkles and a yogurt-dipped tree on top!
6. Nylon Dog Collars
A great gift for the active dog! These nylon collars are durable and fashionable, featuring plastic quick-release buckles and nickel plated D-rings for leash attachment. Comes in 9 colors sure to please any fashion hound!
Price: $4.99 – $7.99
7. Santa Hats for Dogs
These adorable hats are perfect for holiday parties and photos! Made of soft fleece, these hats comfortably stay on with an adjustable, elastic chin strap and come in 3 sizes to fit every pet with a snowball pompom that adds a cute, jaunty touch!
Price: $3.99 – $5.99
8. Designer Doggie Colognes
Perfume and cologne has long been a standard Christmas present- Don’t let your dog miss out on the fun! Our creative designer inspired dog colognes are patterned after real designer fragrances and smell like the real thing. These quality colognes keep dogs smelling fresh and clean between baths and visits to the groomer. They are safe and easy to apply, and the fragrance won’t fade fast. Comes 12 scents.
9. Red Shimmer Holiday Dog Scrunchies
This splendid and sparkling accessory is festive and fun! Made of shimmering red fabric, these scrunchies have bells at the tips to create a merry sound wherever your pup goes! Its elasticized design adjusts to fit pets comfortably!
10. Latex Dog Toys 2-Pack
These brightly colored two-packs of latex dog toys are available in three styles. Each toy contains a squeaker for added fun! Perfect for all of the dogs who made your “nice” list this year!
Want to see more? Check out all of our items for under $10 by clicking here!