Making your pooch homemade dog meals and dog treats is not only fun, but it’s a healthy substitute from all that processed commercial food. Your pup will go bananas for this delicious doggie recipe of banana dog cupcakes!
2 c. water
2 (mashed) bananas
½ tsp vanilla
3 c. whole wheat flour
½ tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp honey
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
With a large mixing bowl combine the water, mashed bananas, vanilla, egg, and honey. Add the flour and baking powder. Mix well.
Pour the batter into a muffin tin that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or lined with paper cups.
Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of your dog cupcakes comes out clean.
Cool and serve. ENJOY!
(Recipe courtesy of 3 Dog Bakery)
Fat Tuesday is a time to eat and be merry – don’t leave your hungry hound out of the mix! Spoil your pup on this celebration with some delicious meat cakes that are not only nutritious for your furry friend, but a treat that you can both enjoy.
Prep Time: 35 Min.
Cook Time: 1 Hr. 15 Min.
Ready In: 2 Hrs.
Serving Size: 4
2 tbsp. and 2 tsp. of brown rice
2/3 cup water
¼ large potatoes, grated
½ large carrots, grated
¼ large celery stalks, chopped
11 ounces ground beef
1/8 dash salt
1-1/4 tsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. and 2 tsp. regular rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 4 cups of large muffin tins.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine rice with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, uncovered, and cook 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool several minutes, then fluff with a fork and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, carrots, celery, ground beef, and eggs. Mix ingredients together using your hands or a sturdy spoon. Add salt, olive oil, rolled oats, and rice; mix well.
4. Fill each muffin cup with some of the meat mixture, and pat down to make it firm. Bake 45 minutes, or until surface feels set. Cool on a rack 10 minutes or longer.
5. Remove the meat cakes by turning the muffin tin upside down over a sheet of aluminum foil. Tap each muffin cup to release the cake. Refrigerate or freeze in sealed plastic bags. NOTE: Do not feed to dogs while still hot.